Saturday, January 12, 2013

Toxic fruits and vegetables


I eat poisonous fruits and vegetables?

Although toxicologists say that, from their point of view, the food can be poison, unless there are toxins in the food, it is still early buyers of fruits and vegetables at the market wonder whether the green onions, lettuce, spinach, radishes, strawberries, healthy and safe. All and any chance to eat any fruits or vegetables that are sprayed with pesticides, and not flush with fruit all traces of "chemistry" in the body there is a great defense mechanism that protects the body from toxins. "The most important organ is the liver, where it is metabolized all that enters into the body," the professor. Dragan Joksovic. "The liver can file a lot, if it is used in acceptable doses." Long been no secret that the production of "greens" today can hardly be imagined without pesticides. Experts assure us that they do not present a health hazard if properly applied, or by choosing the right product if it is used in proper measure, and observe the waiting period (the time of spraying to harvesting).




Damage can occur only if these chemicals are used inappropriately and unprofessionally.

"What this time of year can be risky to buy at the market is leafy greens, lettuce, onions, spinach, because they eat a plant parts that are treated with pesticides directly," explains Milan Stevic assistant professor at the Department of Agricultural Pesticides University of Zemun.

"On the other hand, these are plants that have a short growing season, growing fast, and is pretty hard to respect the waiting period. A pest that must be done, because there are pests and diseases that occur at that time of year, and can destroy products "said Doc. Dr. Stevic.

Although many housewives trying to 'sharp eye' to discover whether fruits and vegetables are sprayed with pesticides, he says it can be established only if it is used for plant protection product that provides a water suspension.

When the water evaporates on the fruit and leaves, while one can see traces of where they were fine droplets or deposit.

"If, in fact, apply solutions that are completely transparent, the plants will not see any trace," said Doc. Dr. Stevic. "But if the deposit does not mean that the plant has not been treated with pesticides."

What customers particularly interested in is whether these pesticides that penetrate the fruit can be hazardous to health. It is, however, regulated by the prescribed minimum allowable concentration of a pesticide (MAC) in every kind of fruit and vegetables.

If the fetus is found to be exceeded allowable amounts measure, the product is destroyed.

"If someone happened to acute poisoning it would have to be matched at the same time a few bad things: that the goods are sprayed with a day or two before it is presented to the market, had we chosen the wrong compound which is generally not recommended for the crop, and that the doses much higher than allowed, "said Dr. Stevic. "Chronic intoxication exposed workers who work directly with chemicals."

Fear of the fruit, perhaps, there is more potential toxins, can not wash away or hectoliters of water. It all depends what kind of pesticide is used. If the substance is kept only on the surface (such as a copper fungicide) thoroughly cleaning it can be washed, but if something penetrates the plant tissue should wait to plant itself metabolise compound to nontoxic products.

"Everything you buy at the market should only be washed well under running water," says Prof. Dr. Dragan Joksovic, a toxicologist. "I should not be a concern if the fruits and vegetables have some hormones, additives and materials for the development of faster, because the only thing that can happen now if you buy, say, a tomato, is that it has no taste."

In the long run it may, it may be detrimental to health, but only if you make every day, for years, ate such tomatoes. Otherwise, the products which are currently sold in the market are mostly from Greece and Turkey, where the weather is warm, and there is no need to be something special, "inflate".

While the tomatoes around it does not seem like home, and no taste we are used to, that does not mean that instant, or health is bad.


Fungi of dangerous pesticides



Mycotoxins, fungal products that are on the plant parts and fruits that we eat, are more dangerous than pesticides. Assistant Professor Milan Stevic indicates that some of them attack whole body of the nervous system on, they may even be carcinogenic:

"If you have symptoms of fruit rot, many more than are poisoned to eat fruit that is sprayed. Mycotoxins are difficult to spot, but if the fruit seems sick or has begun to rot it may be a sign of their presence. Grubby products also are dangerous because they worm penetrates the membrane and thus opens the door for fungus., if properly combat the disease can not be fungi to develop, and when no fungi, no mycotoxins. " 

No comments:

Post a Comment