Garlic is used for centuries in traditional medicine, which are its beneficial effects on health are well known.It works against the microbes in the prevention of high blood pressure and heart disease, helps normalize intestinal flora, is anti-cancer properties ...
Garlic contains more than two hundred biologically active substances. The most important ingredient is an essential oil that contains sulfur compounds - in it are alin, allicin and other medicinal ingredients. There is also an enzyme alinaza, as well as vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C. Garlic contains many minerals: selenium, phosphorus, iodine, magnesium, zinc, iron, manganese, boron, copper, calcium, molybdenum, and amino acids and enzymes. All materials are in a concentrated form, a medication already in very small amounts."Understanding such a complex mixture of substances is a major scientific challenge," said Dr. John Milner of the National Cancer Institute in the United States.
In order to preserve the natural characteristics, garlic should not be processed. Best results are achieved if the fresh squeezed juice. How much garlic should be eaten to be felt all the benefits of this remarkable plant? Seems to be enough for three to four cloves a day.
The therapeutic properties of
1) The antimicrobial properties of
Effective against bacteria (can stop the growth of Staphylococcus, Escherichia coli, Proteus, Pseudomonas), fungi, viruses and parasites - and considerably more effective than any so far known, powerful antibiotics (in some bacteria act like penicillin). It has been shown that garlic effectively suppresses the growth of fungi, especially Candida albicans. Protivbakterijski effect remains even when the garlic at one time cook at 100 degrees! It has excellent disinfecting power, it is a natural antiseptic. In the intestine prevents excessive fermentation and putrefaction, and thus regulates the intestinal flora.
2) The treatment of cardiovascular disease
Normalizes rapid heartbeat, improves blood supply to heart muscle, which improves cardiac function. It prevents blood clots, and helps improve circulation and reduces the possibility of heart attacks and strokes.For the purpose of prevention, is added to raw onions in all foods.
- Reduces the level of triglycerides in the blood, and the creation of harmful cholesterol, while increasing the concentration of protection.
- Decreases the systolic (the "lower") pressure. If you have problems with high blood pressure, every morning, eat one clove. It works similarly to aspirin, which is thinning the blood.
3) The antioxidant properties
Reduces the level of free radicals and strengthens the antioxidant defense. Protects against the harmful effects of nicotine.
4) fighter against cancer
Garlic neutralizes carcinogenic compounds, thereby preventing the occurrence of tumors of the liver, esophagus, oral cavity, stomach and colon. In addition, inhibits the growth of cancer in a way that kills tumor cells and stimulates the defense mechanism against tumors (immunotherapy).
- Garlic enhances the activity of the immune system and increases the overall resistance to infections.
- During pregnancy, moderate consumption facilitates the difficulties associated with increased body weight - such as swelling and increased blood pressure, and the occurrence of gestational diabetes. It is with diabetes recommends the use of garlic as a seasoning.
- I have recommended in combination with other remedies in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Due to the favorable effect, some compounds from garlic could be used to treat diseases neurodegenerativih.
- It is good for solving skin problems like acne, helps with ear infections and toothaches, as well as in lead poisoning.
When the need for caution
- Garlic does not cause any toxic or mutagenic effects. Tests have shown that the mature fruit lekovitiji of young and completely harmless. However, some people react badly to some constituents of garlic, and with them can occur after eating certain problems (heartburn, stomach pain, bloating, gas, nausea, bleeding hemorrhoids, burning with urination, and even irritability).
- Caution is needed with concomitant use of garlic and preparation based on Ginkgo biloba or high doses of vitamin E, because there may be a particular problem (due to excessive bleeding).
- In case of simultaneous use of garlic and preparations based on heparin, aspirin or drugs for diseases of the blood vessels, to be sure to consult your doctor.
- As may have contraindications with other drugs and nutritional supplements, recommended break in his consumption of a few weeks before and after any surgery.
- It rarely happens, but the garlic in some people can cause an allergic reaction, which is manifested by rash, fever and headache.
- In excess, can have adverse effects on the kidneys, as well as to reduce the number of red blood cells.Thus, anemic people, and those taking anticoagulant (anti-clotting), have controlled to consume garlic.
- If your stomach is hard to tolerate garlic, prepare a prayer from him chop it, mix with fresh butter or lard and coat with bread time.