How important is breakfast?
"Breakfast is the king of all meals and at any price you can not skip it." This is the advice that we shared our grandmothers and mothers, and now we are trying to convey to their children. However, despite our awareness of the importance of the meal, as well as numerous scientific studies have confirmed the importance of breakfast for human health, recent studies show that it almost every day, even skipping about 50 percent of the population.
Properly balanced breakfast is the fuel for our body. As such, it gives us energy and allows us to be active, productive, and the mood throughout the day, while in the long run bring enormous benefit the entire body.
Forty years of studying the impact on the health of the breakfast show to start on breakfast brings benefit to everyone, regardless of age. "Morning meal is important for every organ. Whoever omits breakfast often feel tired, restless and irritable, "says Gail Frank, a nutritionist in Los Angeles.
In addition it gives us energy, breakfast proven impact on weight loss, diabetes prevention, contributing to the better functioning of the mind and body and reduces your appetite throughout the day.
Why skipping breakfast?
Skipping breakfast means unnecessary starvation of the organism, and it is the same as food and fuel your car - required to function properly. Polls show that most people are aware of the importance of breakfast, but that is because of lack of time often forced to skip it or else, that "Gricni something with legs." It seems that time just flies when we rush to work, college, or school, and bypassing breakfast trying to "catch up".The fact that our faster pace of life leaves little free time. However, there is always a way to find time for things means life. If you get up just twenty minutes earlier, you alone to ensure a healthy start to the day itself. After all, coffee, even a cigarette - many still have time?
As the second most common reason for skipping breakfast, according to the need to reduce weight. Those who are "forever" on a diet, they want to reduce the omission of breakfast daily calorie intake, not realizing that its avoidance was one of the causes of weight gain.
The link between breakfast and health
Starting the day without breakfast is like driving a car almost empty tank. Some people allow their dinner to the next meal goes up to 16 hours? Such eating habits can cause attacks of dizziness, fatigue and apathy, which is often credited with changing times, the need for caffeine and the like, and actually it is the body of a call for help. The best way to help him if you take care of its energy needs soon after awakening.
The fuel that allows the body to function normally, called glucose (blood sugar). She supplies the energy for activities such as walking, talking, writing and other daily activities. Breakfast is the first opportunity we have, after many hours of "starvation" increase the level of glucose in the blood. It is important for brain and muscles - and provide a major source of energy.
If we slept seven to nine hours, our body's need to recover from that brief period of starvation. Skipping breakfast keeps the body in a state of starvation, because inactivity slows the metabolism. If you want to lose weight, slow metabolism us certainly not in favor. Therefore, the quality morning meal is ideal for a restart of metabolism and body training for fat burning.
The influence of breakfast on the slenderness
Avoiding breakfast reduces blood sugar levels, which not only interferes with our operations and harm to health, but said the body to reach for simple sugars such as cakes, chocolate, soft drinks industry ... On the other hand, well-balanced morning meal that will create long-lasting feeling of fullness and reduce the need for snacking between meals. This will be reduced and the overall intake of calories.
Besides skipping breakfast, taking very small amounts of food in the morning meal is a mistake that is often equally true. If you eat a roll of white flour with a little yogurt or cereal, you'll soon get hungry, so we'll Gricni something sweet - which we will soon pick up, but even faster again lowered blood sugar levels, and therefore we feel hungry again.
If you want to lose weight, we have the morning to bring the fuel in the body and spend it slowly at night. In addition to reducing the need for food during the day, good breakfast curbs cravings for food for emotional reasons. Proper and uniform supply of nutrients stimulates the body and normalize hormonal processes involved in regulating mood. Research has shown that people, especially the female part of the population, less bite between meals if you are having breakfast.
What does scientific research say?
- Adults and children who eat breakfast regularly and correctly - rarely suffer from a lack of iron and calcium, and therefore have a lower risk of anemia, osteoporosis, tooth and gum disease.
- According to a study conducted at Oxford University, children who eat a breakfast of complex carbohydrates - have less appetite during the day, and rarely suffer from obesity.
- Scottish researchers have demonstrated the positive impact of complex carbohydrates from breakfast on short-term memory.
- Attached to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published a review of studies dealing with the influence of breakfast on mental performance of children. The results indicate that children who eat breakfast regularly - less work in the morning and have less success in solving the tasks set. Skipping breakfast had a similar impact on verbal skills, creativity and ability to acquire new knowledge.
- Some scientific studies have confirmed the positive impact of breakfast on the prevention of influenza and strengthen immunity.
- A study in Japan showed that students who occasionally or not at breakfast - have a much more frequent menstrual pain than those who eat breakfast every day. Also, students who do not eat breakfast - have a tendency toward chronic constipation (prison).