The changes in diet keep your heart.
Garlic lowers cholesterol
Heart and blood vessels are the leading cause of death in the world and our country. - However, such a worrying one and follow it easier, and that is that, according to recent surveys, the number of deaths resulting from cardiovascular diseases can be reduced by 50 percent - says for "Blic" nutritionist Branko Mirkovic. - Simply introduce simple changes in lifestyle, especially in the diet - she added.
Saturated masnoćei cholesterol
The list of changes in the diet is cutting back on saturated fat and cholesterol in the blood leads to the creation of plaque that can clog the artery, which may result is atherosclerosis, in extreme cases and heart attacks and stroke. In connection with this date, the recommendations of the recommended daily intake of fat. One said:
- The amount of calories every day for some fat should not exceed a maximum of 20 to 30 percent for a total of 400 to 600 calories. For example 10 grams of fat has 90 calories.
- Daily intake of cholesterol should not be higher than 300 mg (300 mg of cholesterol per day).
In addition to the amount of dietary fat is added, it is necessary to pay attention to the amount of incorporated salt. On the one hand, the organism is necessary to maintain the balance of body fluids and salt intake may be too low, given that the cells fail to retain water, it results in dehydration.
Although controversy still exists regarding the high salt intake and risk of hypertension, most experts concluded that controlling and reducing salt intake can be a good preventive measure for many who suffer from high blood pressure. Organism to function normally, a day to five grams of salt. It also increased intake of other foods can be a good strategy for maintaining good heart health, prevention of disease or relieving the symptoms of heart and blood vessels.
There are primarily referring to increased intake of foods rich in fiber (vegetables, fruits, whole grains) and foods rich in essential fatty acids (fish, fish oil, olive oil, some nuts)
Food fibers are an integral part of the plant, and most dietary fiber passes through the digestive tract unchanged.While passing through the digestive tract, dietary fibers affect the way the body to digest or absorb certain food ingredients. Sources of dietary fiber include: oats, oatmeal, beans, peas, rice, barley, fruits of citrus, strawberries, apples, plums, baked goods from whole wheat, rye, cabbage, carrots, kale and broccoli.
Fish and fish oil
While saturated fats raise the risk of illness and death from cardiovascular disease, essential fatty acids, which are largely present in fish oil, health boosting cardiovascular system and prevent heart and blood vessels.
Essential fatty acids can help to:
- Reduce the level of triglycerides in the blood
- Reduce the risk of blood clots - essential fatty acids act as a natural anticoagulant in a manner to impair the ability platea agglutination (blood platelets).
- Reduction in blood pressure - several studies have shown that people who consume enough fish, compared to people who do not consume fish had a lower risk of high blood pressure
Nutritionists and dietitians recommend at least two servings of fish each week. Besides fish, a good source of essential fatty acids can also be nuts (almonds) and seeds (flax seed).
Garlic protects the heart and blood vessels, but only if it is added to food or to eat something. Avoid garlic pills.And these are its benefits:
- Reduces the level of total cholesterol
- Reduces the level of LDL ("bad") cholesterol
- Reduces blood pressure
- Prevents blood clots
- Acts as an antioxidant.
Seven Simple Ways to a Healthy Heart
- Do not smoke
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Regular physical activity
- Eating healthy foods
- Control of blood pressure
- High cholesterol can be overcome
- Maintenance of blood sugar in normal range
- A healthy diet and lifestyle is the best way in the prevention of cardiovascular disease