* Homeland of coffee was in Africa, in Europe and the world went through Arabia. Some data show that coffee is native to the southwest of present-day Ethiopian province of Kaffe, which is located southwest of Addis Ababa, south of Lake Tana.
* Indonesia, the Dutch Governor Van Horn brought the Coffee (1706). In Amsterdam, where it is grown in the greenhouse, in artificial conditions.
* A coffee bush arrived in Paris - a gift to French King Louis XIV. Considering the precious plant rarity, Louis XIV gave to make a separate cottage - a greenhouse in the Jardin des Plantes.
* From a single stem of coffee - made from Paris to Martinique (1723. In) - for little more than half a century multiplied the eighteen million coffee trees!
* Name of coffee does not come from homeland Kaffe coffee, Ethiopian province, because there is this plant called "bun", but from the Arabic noun "qahwa" - by which is appointed every drink, herbal drink, and even wine. Arabic noun "qahwa" is pronounced as "coffee", and eventually became the only identification of the beverage plant "bun".
* The first coffee roaster in the Balkans began operating in Croatia - Zagreb (Franck) - 1892. year.
* The main ingredient in coffee - caffeine has found a German chemist Runge where Johann Wolfgang Goethe gave a few coffee beans. In his laboratory in the coffee Runge found the colorless crystals of caffeine. Each coffee bean contains caffeine, chlorogenic acid, glycosides, polysaccharides, lipids, trigonelin, amino acids, proteins and minerals (potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and sulfur).
* Coffee in the open quickly "old" and takes on the taste of tobacco. Roasted coffee in the open can stand longer than a week, and a fried mash - up to two to three days. Therefore, the coffee should be kept in tightly sealed containers - with as little air. To prepare the coffee is best to use freshly roasted and milled coffee.
* More coffee and less water - coffee gives a smaller yield. It is normal to one quart of water put 50 to 60 grams of milled coffee. For stronger - "espresso" coffee - per liter of water is placed 100 to 150 grams of milled coffee.For "espresso" coffee should be finely milled, while for other ways to prepare this drink grain can be ground and larger.
French diplomat Talleyrand said that "when good coffee is black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel and sweet as love."
* The word coffee comes from the Arabic "kaweh" which means strength or power.
* Bach composed the cantata "Coffee" in honor of this drink. And Beethoven was very appreciated by the drink.
* Honore de Balzac, French writer, coffee was considered kind of inspiration and has consumed 60 cups per day.
* In the year the world consumed 400 billion cups of coffee.